h1

8/10 of a percent…better than nothing, right?

May 9, 2009

It looks as though gold and copper will be flourishing. With gold prices currently at just over $1,000 per ounce, I’m going to check all over the house for orphaned earrings and a necklace or two that a cat might have carried off. Copper – now that piqued my interest, because I have tons of pennies in varied locations in the house, my handbag, and my vehicle. My surge of hope was soon deflated when I read that the only copper on pennies is a thin outer coating that makes up 0.8% of the penny’s content. The other 99.2% is zinc.

Interesting article on the world economic crisis here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: